DeconGel has proven its superior decontamination effectiveness at a diverse array of properties and businesses such as:
Department of Energy and Decommissioning and Decontamination (D&D) sites:
- Department of Energy National Labs: Lawrence Livermore, Los Alamos, National Energy Technology Laboratory, National Security Technologies, Oakridge, Sandia, Savannah River
- Service/Product Companies: Energy Solutions, Safety & Ecology Corp. (SEC), Environmental Dimensions Inc., RADeco
- Hot cells, glove boxes, radioactive spills, D&D of buildings, general maintenance, Beryllium removal
Radioactive and Chemical Contaminants Removed:
- Beryllium, Transuranics (Am-241, Pu-238, Pu-239, Pu-240, Pu-241, Pu-242), Cs-137, Cs-134, Co-60, Mn-54, Fe-55, Ni-63, Ni-59, Sr-90, Co-58
Commercial Nuclear Power Plants:
- Nuclear Power Plants: Perry, Ontario Power Generation, Peach Bottom, Savanna River, etc.
- Service/Product Providers: Alaron, RADeco, UniTech
- Decontamination of waxed concrete and painted diamond plate, with DFs of 100 percent in a single pass on surfaces with 100-200k dpm/100 cm2 Co-60.
- Excellent DFs on the lifting strongbacks that are used to remove reactor internals for refueling.
- Removal of Alpha beta emitting particles.
- Final clean-up of asbestos.
- Heat exchanger leak contamination clean-up.
- Approved for Department of Energy’s Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) Transuranic Waste Disposal facility located in the Chihuahuan Desert, outside of Carlsbad, New Mexico.
- Approved for disposal at low level radioactive waste site – Clive Site in Utah
- Approved for incineration at US commercial low level waste facility – Energy Solution’s incineration facility in Bear Creek, TN.
- Approved for use at various US commercial sites.
- GE Nuclear – accepted for use. Completion of the necessary chemical composition testing for DeconGel to be approved for use on GE Nuclear systems and their facilities and DeconGel is being included in the GE Redbook (GE manual for processes and procedures).
Nuclear Medicine and Research Laboratory Environments:
- Abbot Laboratories, Bay Regional Medical Center, Colorado State University, Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Eli Lily, Harvard University, Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital, Mayo Foundation, Merck, Oregon State University, Palmetto Health Baptist Hospital, Tripler Hospital, University of California at Berkeley, University of Cincinnati, University of Wisconsin, U.S. Army Tripler Hospital and many more…
Radioactive and Chemical Contaminants Removed
- H-3, C-14, F-18, I-125, I-131, Tc-99, Tl-201, Tritiated-Thymidine Mercury Oxide, and many more
Hazardous Chemical Clean-Up
- Department of Defense, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Decontamination and Normal Operations and Maintenance Activities
DeconGel has the support of many agencies and satisfied customers including:
- Office of Naval Research
- Hawaii Technology Development Venture (HTDV)
- National Defense Center of Excellence for Research in Ocean Sciences (CEROS / DARPA)
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Safety and Ecology
- Perry Nuclear Power Plant (First Energy)
- Lawrence Livermore National Labs
- Los Alamos National Labs
- Washington Savannah River Site
- Environmental Dimensions, Inc.
- Tripler Army Medical Center