How It Works
DeconGel is extremely versatile, for use on virtually any surface such as concrete, steel, painted or unpainted wood, aluminum, Plexiglas, tile and grout, linoleum and much more.
Safe and extremely user-friendly, DeconGel requires no preparation prior to use, and can be either painted or sprayed onto a contaminated area, including cracks, pores and voids.
Easy To Use
Because DeconGel is easily sprayed or brushed onto contaminated surfaces, horizontal or vertical uses are no longer a problem. And, unlike other decontamination products, DeconGel is also safe, with virtually no odor or fumes, the use of respirators while applying the product may not be necessary (please comply with applicable corporate, local, state and Federal regulations when using DeconGel).
Super Tensile Strength
DeconGel has super tensile strength and toughness – the dried gel is difficult to tear so it peels easily from most surfaces even rough surfaces such as pavement.
Also, because DeconGel is a safe alternative to acids or soap and water, all contaminants are contained within the gel resulting in no contaminated run off.
Lower Labor Costs
DeconGel is simple to apply, only minimal user training required. CBI Polymers does offer a full certification course for those interested in becomings certified applyers. Certification is not required to apply DeconGel. Its quick and easy application results in a cost-effective labor solution – less manpower and less application time required – for even large-scale decontamination and clean-up projects. No scrubbing is required like soap and water.
Minimized Waste Generation
Rags and large volumes of water are not used to clean with DeconGel . For radioactive containants, the peelable polymer is approved for disposal at WIPP and often considered low-level, non-mixed waste, so disposal is less costly than other alternatives. In addition, DeconGel is compressible to further reduce waste volume, and is incinerable for those containants approved for incineration. Rinsing or dilution with water is not necessary with DeconGel, so contaminated liquid runoff is not an issue.
Reduces Potential Exposure to Contaminants
DeconGel reduces potential exposure to employees by encapsulating and providing a protective barrier (acting as dust suppressant).
DeconGel has proven its superior decontamination effectiveness at a diverse array of properties and businesses such as:
- Commercial nuclear power plants
- Decommissioning and decontamination (D&D) sites
- Chemical and radiological deposits and spills in manufacturing and laboratory environments
- DoD sites
- Nuclear medicine deposits and spills in hospitals
- Crime Scene cleanup
- Petroleum facilities
- Meth lab decontamination
For any decontamination application, DeconGel is available in ten versions:
Gel for Radioactive and Chemical Clean-up
- DeconGel 1101 (brush-on or trowel-on applications, all horizontal & vertical surfaces)
- DeconGel 1108 (brush-on or trowel-on applications, all heavily contaminated horizontal & vertical surfaces)
- Decongel Sure
- Decongel Pro
- Decongel Go
Spray for Radioactive and Chemical Clean-up
- DeconGel 1120 (for use with hand-held airless sprayers, for smooth, hard, horizontal & vertical surfaces)
- DeconGel 1121 (for use with industrial airless sprayers, all horizontal & vertical hard surfaces)
- DeconGel 1128 (for use with industrial airless sprayers, all heavily contaminated horizontal & vertical hard surfaces)
Gel for Oil and Grease Clean-up
- DeconGel 1102 (brush on or trowel-on applications, especially formulated for greater effectiveness on oil and grease, for all horizontal & vertical surfaces)