DeconGel Pro, DeconGel Go, DeconGel Sure
DeconGel Sure, Pro and Go are versions of the DeconGel 1108.
DeconGel 1108 is recommended for decontamination of radioisotopes as well as particulates, heavy metals, water-soluble and insoluble organic compounds, including tritiated compounds. The hydrogel coating can be applied to horizontal, vertical and inverted surfaces and can be applied to most surfaces including bare, coated and painted concrete, aluminum, steel, lead, rubber, plexiglas, herculite, wood, porcelain, tile grout, and vinyl, ceramic and linoleum floor tiles. When dry, the product locks the contaminants into a polymer matrix. The film containing the encapsulated contamination can then be peeled and disposed of according to appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
What are the differences between DeconGel Sure, Pro and Go?
- DeconGel Pro and DeconGel Go are a low corrosive version of DeconGel 1108.
- DeconGel Sure is a non-keylator, low corrosive version DeconGel 1108.
Advantages of DeconGel
- No preparation or mixing required
- Easy application
- Simple decontamination
- High decontamination factors
- User and material/substrate friendly
- Minimal odor, respirator requirement determined by substance and environment
- Penetrates and removes contamination from cracks, pores and voids
- Dries into tough film that is easy to peel and dispose
- Minimizes contaminated waste material
- Ability to re-hydrate for forensics
- Wet Analysis
- Filtration of particulates
Product Characteristics (for reference only)
|Applicator||Paint brush, V-tooth trowel|
|Density||8.35 – 8.65 lbs/gal|
|Viscosity||8,000 – 18,000 cps (Brookfield, spindle 4, 30 rpm, 25°)|
|pH||4.0 – 7.0|
|Decontamination||Up to 100%|
|Average coverage||25 to 150 ft² per gallon|
|Preparation||Ready to use|
|Shelf life||5 years|